Minor girl rape what steps civil society may take
Sir, I am an advocate. I am dealing a case of gang rape. A local Backward class man, from some nearby village approached me, her minor daughter is the victim. FIR has been lodged but Police, as usual, is not arresting the accused, who are two men from same village – one of them is Jatt, dominant caste group. I am trying to get MLR. I am also trying to mobilize civil society to pressurize police for swift action. But, like in many such cases, I think mere legal action is not sufficient. The girl, in fact, whole of the family needs medical care. The father was visibly suffering from depression. He is very poor. I want to know what steps concerned citizens may take. What are the provisions, besides police case, under which we can ask district administration to provide medical care, some rehabilitation program, some awareness campaign in village to support the girl and the family. Is there any group or NGO in Punjab or North India that specially deals in such matters? Any comprehensive material to study? Regards,
Asked about - Others